Villa in Evangelismos
A charming three-bedroom villa of superb quality, built in 2007, enjoying beautiful views across the olive groves of the area, the sea and the islands of Sapientza and Schiza. Located in Evangelismos, a quiet and peaceful traditional village which is not touched by tourism, this property is an excellent choice if you wish to feel the relaxation and tranquility a traditional village offers and enjoy the authentic Greek way of living, far away from the noise of tourist destinations.
The villa is sold fully furnished – equipped and is built on 3 levels, communicating via an internal staircase:
- The ground floor of approximately 94 sqm consists of an integrated garage for 1 car, large storeroom, and technical room which contains oil central heating boiler, hot water storage from oil boiler, solar and electric heaters. There is also a 1500 litre water tank and pump for emergency supply. The electric garage door is remotely controlled but has manual opening as well.
- The middle level measures 53 sqm and consists of 2 bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and direct access to a covered terrace of approx. 19.5 m² with beautiful views to the garden. There is also 1 bathroom with shower.
- The upper level measures 67 sqm and consists of an open plan cozy sitting and dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, 1 bedroom with fitted wardrobe which is currently used as a desk room, 1 bathroom with shower and 1 WC. The sitting and dining area has access to a veranda of approx. 17.5 sqm, with wooden pergola and amazing sea and island views.
A basement of 94 sqm is serving the functionality of the property as it includes a garage and can be used as a storage space.
All exterior doors and windows are aluminium, double-glazed and with insect screens. Solar panels provide with hot water throughout the year. The heating is central (radiators) and there are also A/C (heating – cooling) units in both floors and a fitted wood-burning stove in the sitting-dining room of the upper floor.
The outdoors of the villa is also really beautiful and ideal for relaxing, with a big impressive wild tree next to the main entrance gate, that offers ample shade, many other shady areas under olive and fruit trees, colourful bushes and flowers, a swimming pool with a spacious wooden deck for loungers and a small sitting area with a tent-covered wooden pergola.
In the village of Evangelismos you can find a mini market to cover basic needs and one traditional restaurant with delicious dishes. It takes 5 minutes by car to reach the nearest wonderful sandy beach “Mavrovouni”. Other key destinations:
- Finikounda, 9 minutes by car, a coastal village, which has developed into one of the most beautiful summer resorts of the southern Peloponnese, is surrounded by long sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, where you can enjoy water sports as well. The village has a very pretty harbour for traditional fishing boats and recreational boats. There are also beachfront cafeterias, several traditional restaurants, where you can enjoy, among other, fresh fish and delicious dishes of the Messinian kitchen. Additionally, in Finikounda you can find supermarkets, many tourist shops and pharmacy.
- Methoni, 13 minutes by car, is a small well-preserved traditional town, protected by the Greek Archaeological Service due to the imposing Venetian Castle, from where you can enjoy a breathtaking view to the sunset, and beneath which lie a beach and a sheltered harbor. There is a beautiful square in the centre of the town and another one in the seaside, where you can find nice restaurants to enjoy fresh fish and other traditional Mediterranean dishes. Methoni has also supermarkets, pharmacy, dentist and a public infirmary.
- Pylos, a 22-minute drive away, is the main town of the area, with one of the biggest natural ports in Europe and a small marina. Being amphitheatrically built and very picturesque makes it one of the most beautiful towns in Greece. It has a lovely central square, shaded by ancient platanus trees, where you can find a good range of shops and nice cafeterias. There are also supermarkets, traditional restaurants, pharmacies, a satisfying range of doctors and a small medical center with good facilities and reliable staff who provide prompt emergency service for mild cases. The area of Pylos has four impressive signature golf courses and the nearest one is 28 minutes away from the property.
- It takes 65 minutes to drive to the International airport and 60 minutes to the modern hospital of Kalamata which is the administrative capital of the area. Kalamata has a port, large yachting marina and motorway access to Athens. The centre of town has been the subject of major regeneration during the past few years and offers a wide range of shopping, eating and relaxing opportunities along its main boulevard. There is a greater variety of shops offering designer goods and some internationally known stores.
- Updated On:
- August 29, 2022
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- E Class
- 124 m2 Size
- Year Built: 2007