This new Eco Villas project is ready to upscale your holiday experience with a minimal ecological footprint. Perfect for families and friends who want to get up close and personal with Crete and its iconic wonders. In the proximity of gorgeous fine-gold sand beaches, stunning mountainous landscapes and the inviting waters of the Libyan Sea, are in all a reason to have your holiday home in this part of Crete!
This unique eco-concept is pure modern with shades of beige, stone and wood. As none of the places in the south has undergone the extreme development of the north coast, their design has the environment as a guiding principle minimising the impact. Planted areas, green roofs and a range of environmentally conscious alternatives.
The positioning of the villas on the inclined land provides fantastic views over the sea. The green planted roofs provide unity in the view and their design configuration ensures a milder indoor microclimate throughout the year.
The project contains 3 state-of-the-art villas, that vary according to their type, size, layout and budget. Two of the villas will be ground floor houses submerged in the hillside, while the remaining one will be a two-story residence. In general, every villa consists of three bedrooms, three bathrooms (most of them en-suite) and an airy, fresh open space for the living, dinning area and kitchen. The key difference is that the two-story residence (located at the peak point of the plot) will have its master bedroom on the first floor, getting the most exuberant views as an observation post.
A particular connection is designed between the exterior and interior of the property. Large pergolas shade the pool-side dining areas, while the special designed tanning areas offer you the chance to catch the sun throughout the day.
The developer’s intention is to maximise the view from every room towards the sea and to allow natural light to penetrate the properties through large entrances, while being fully integrated into the landscape. In this way, they become ultimately eco-friendly due to the benefit of climate control and ensure maximum privacy, spoiling the landscape as little as possible by being hidden from sight.
All properties will have a private parking space suitable for two cars. A newly paved road will provide access to each villa.
Renting a villa like this, on Greece’s largest and most accessible island, can offer high returns and is a popular choice among many owners. This adds significant potential value to the investment, as the villa can be easily used in all seasons by the owners or as a rental investment property. The villa can pay for itself allowing owners to then enjoy the ultimate holiday destination year-round when they choose to and for as long as they like.
You can benefit from sophisticated and professional management of the home without having to worry about it yourself. From start to finish, the rental of the home is handled with a proactive approach. Owners are fully informed of management decisions and options every step of the way, allowing them to maximize the value of their investment hassle-free.
For those who are seeking a serene and relaxing holiday, look no further than Mariou, Crete. Mariou is a picturesque mountain village at the southern coast of Crete, approx. 30 km from Rethymnon and just 4,5 km from the seaside village of Plakias. The scenery along the south coastline includes magnificent mountain peaks and dramatic gorges.
Winding asphalt roads connect the south-coast towns offering you the chance to explore magical beaches among the dunes, surrounded by extraordinary nature. A variety of places to wander, diverse signature experiences to be taken:
- Plakias (4,5 km) – Plakias exudes a relaxing holiday setting, ideal for families with children. The 1,5 km crescent moon shaped bay, with its fine, gold-hued sand has become a magnet for visitors. Along the beach there is a promenade with the sea on one side, and taverns, shops and bars on the other. Plakias village enjoys a prime location within close proximity to the gorges of Prevelli, Kourtaliotis and Kotsifos. From here you can also enjoy day trips to the mountain village of Spili and the small traditional villages which dot the hills on the way to Sfakia.
- Myrthios (2 km) – Located just above Plakias. A charming village where you will be astonished by panoramic views over Plakias bay and great food. Dining is a favourite pastime on Crete as you will come to notice, great food and good company are highly valued on the island. Here you will find traditional tavernas, cafeneia (traditional coffee places) as well as mini markets and small shops selling souvenirs and jewellery. The old village houses complete the frame.
- Damnoni (5 km) – An organised beach which offers several water sports activities (kayaking, water skiing etc.) to adrenaline lovers.
- Ammoudi (7 km) – An organised sandy beach to catch the sun. Alternatively, the neighbouring beach of Ammoudaki will provide you freedom, and enough shading under the tammarisk trees which surround the bay. The clear water is ideal for snorkelling and diving.
- Selia (7 km) – A gateway to create strong bonds with Crete by enjoying traditional feasts which highlight the local lifestyle. Sheep shearing, the grape harvest, the fisherman feast, the raki festival and the tourism festival. After Sellia a road continues along the south coast of Crete towards the west and some mesmerizing places to explore (Rodakino, Frangokastello and Chora Sfakion).
- Preveli (10 km) – Also known as Palm beach, Preveli is one of the most fascinating places in Crete. A splendid beach, surrounded by palm trees which is famed for its breathtaking river lagoon which flows from the mountains into the Libyan Sea. It will surely become your all time favourite destination.
Last but not least, both international airports of Crete can be reached in 1.5 hours.