A 4-bedroom property that enjoys unobstructed views to the sea while is prime located at a distance of 2 km (4 minutes drive) to the nearest sandy beach.
Villa Katherine was constructed in 1991 and extended in 2010. It measures 222 sqm of living area plus storage of 28 sqm, on a plot of approx 3.400 sqm.
- The upper ground floor consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open plan living room with open fireplace, kitchen and utility room. The covered veranda has been converted to a spacious dining and sitting area with view to the impressive garden and the sea.
- An internal staircase leads to an attic and an external staircase leads to the roof terrace that enjoys unobstructed views to the sea, the gulf of Finikounda and the olive groves of the area.
- The lower ground floor accommodates a studio (bedroom with bathroom) of 20 sqm and a storage area of 28 sqm.
Features & Amenities
- All rooms are equipped with air condition units. Windows and patio doors are double-glazed, aluminum units with shutters and integral fly-screens. Alarm system, satellite TV, telephone and WI-FI are available.
- The property has 2 iron entrance gates. A nicely landscaped fenced garden. The garden has paved pathways, terraces, decorative elements, irrigation system, traditional oven, BBQ and parking area. Out of the fence, an olive grove is planted with 40 productive olive trees.
- The swimming pool of 22 sqm comes with a winter safety pool cover. The outdoor lounge next to the pool enjoys the natural shade of the trees.
- The distance to the picturesque fishing village Finikounda is 4 km (6 minutes drive). Finikounda has four long sandy beaches. The village itself has a very pretty harbour for traditional fishing boats and recreational boats while the village sandy beach is served by traditionally Greek cafes and restaurants.
- It takes 10 minutes to drive to the seafront small historical town Methoni, an old trading port with Venetian links, evidence of which abounds in its beautiful castle beneath which lie a beach and a sheltered harbour. Methoni has doctors, pharmacies, good local shopping, super markets, bank, post office and nice restaurants.
- Pylos, 20 minutes drive away, is a busy small town with port and extensive marina. It has a good range of shops, restaurants, cafes and banks built around a lovely central square, shaded by ancient plane trees. It also boasts an impressive castle. There are doctors and a small hospital/health centre with good facilities and reliable staff who provide prompt emergency service.
- It takes 55 minutes to drive to the International Airport (KLX) and the hospital of Kalamata which is the administrative capital of the area. Kalamata has a port, large yachting marina and motorway access to Athens.