Terra Petra Home
In Corfu, on a hill-sided panoramic position overlooking the surrounding countryside, the sea and just a few minutes from the beach, this gorgeous, fully restored stone home embeds in the beauty of its unique location.
The fully stone-built house was originally built about 200 years ago, but the walls of the kitchen/sitting room have been reconstructed in 2010. It has two floors. Access is via a spacious walled yard at the front. This yard is very enjoyable to sit, sunbathe, eat, just enjoy the outdoors with sea views in a private setting.
On the ground floor there is a combined sitting/cooking area and a double bed with toilet and shower room. Via an internal staircase you can reach the first floor, with a large sitting/bedroom with access to a large balcony of 21 sqm. This balcony has a beautiful view of the sea, the mountain slopes full of olive trees and the setting sun. The house itself is about 62 sqm and the outside yard is 140 sqm.
At the back of the upstairs room is the exit door to the backyard viewing the mountains which is also a pleasant sitting place. Side walls have been renovated and the yard has been paved with stone-tiles. It continues a way up the mountain, with also a very nice view of the sea.
The house got almost a complete renovation in 2021, the new owner could thus basically start living in the house:
- The roof and the ceilings have been renovated (wood, isolation, traditional roof tiles).
- The walls have been finished with traditional plaster so that parts of the stone-walls remain uncovered to maintain the feeling of its original state.
- All the external doors (3) are made from wood in a traditional light style and are as well as the four windows downstairs which are in addition equipped with external metal frames.
- Plumbing and drainage construction has been already installed with modern materials.
- Current connection to water supply.
- Wastewater underground tank built up with stones in 2021.
- Built electrical infrastructure (wires, power circuits etc.).
- Infrastructure for A/C.
- Kitchenette installed – refrigerator available.
The house is located in a small fully traditional hamlet, Strongili, part of the ancient village of Agios Panteleimonas, at a height of 300 meters on one of the foothills of the Pantokrator Mountain. The village looks westward onto the majestic Bay of Roda, with its uninterrupted sandy beach stretching for more than 10km. However, by car it is only 10 minutes – or through picturesque mountain paths 20 minutes by foot – away from the nearest beach and the seafront town Acharavi, where, beside a variety of restaurants and nightlife, other useful amenities such as shops, banks, pharmacies and doctors are to be found.
The vibrant and historically interesting capital of the island, Corfu city, is also easily reached by a good road (about 37 km). The close surrounding area is suitable for walks through the characteristic Corfiotic landscape full of centuries old olive trees. In the village there is only local traffic and peace and quiet are therefore one of its unique features: it is literally an oasis of calm.
Amenities and Features
Unlock Personalized Property Recommendations
Complete Our Form Below to Find Your Ideal Home with Ease