This family-friendly home enjoys panoramic vistas and is the perfect retreat for those seeking privacy within easy reach of beaches and amenities, on the island of Ithaca or Ithaki, by its Greek name.
Villa Odysseus sits on a gentle hillside overlooking the far-fetching views of the Ionian Sea, Niriton Oros and Odysseus Palace. This grand property is housed on a 11,604 sqm plot with an interior of 170 sqm, with the possibility to build another 150 sqm, approximately.
The house is organised in three levels, as follows:
- Open plan living, dining rooms and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Master bedroom on the ground floor.
- Beechwood staircase leading to the mezzanine.
- Mezzanine equivalent to 2 bedrooms.
- Terrace of approx. 65 sqm.
- Basement (30 sqm.), with all the technical infrastructure for electricity.
- Energy self-sufficiency via solar panels and wind mill.
- Fully insulated (double glazed windows and doors, thick walls etc.).
- Wooden and tiled flooring.
- Beechwood slatted shutters.
- Godin wood stove.
- Water tank (100 m3) and well (10 m3) for rainwater collection.
The plot is fully fenced and landscaped with fruit, ornamental and olive trees which produce about 70 litres of olive oil per year.
Ithaca is a gorgeous rocky island, amphitheatrically built, with mountainous villages and verdant vegetation, still unspoiled. Gentle, calm, clear waters make Ithaca one of the safest sailing areas in the world.
Vathy, the island’s capital, is easily reachable within a 30-minutes drive. A full sized marina including dock and wet mooring slips will allow you to sail the island in absolute comfort. This is where the health centre for emergencies is also located.
Villa Odysseus is located in the vicinity of Exogi village, within walking distance of the beaches of Aphales and Polis. Other known small and charming villages are: Frikes, Kioni, Perachori, Lefki and Stavros.
Ithaca is accessible from the ports of Patras, Kefalonia and Lefkada.