Makrigialos Holiday Apartments
Bathing in the golden Greek sunlight just 100 meters from the beach are the Makrigialos Holiday Apartments in southeastern Crete. Makri Gialos is just a 30 minute drive south of Ierapetra, a port city of some 15,000 people, that is an economic and cultural center for the region, with its own hospital.
The apartments are part of a larger complex with private villas. There are three apartments available:
- Apartment 1C on the ground floor: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, total area 109 sqm (73 sqm + 36 sqm basement). Price: € 190,000.
- Apartment 1E on the first floor: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, total area 143 sqm (86 sqm + 57 sqm basement). Price: € 240,000.
- Apartment 4B on the ground floor: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, total area 163 sqm (100 sqm + 63 sqm basement). Price: € 270,000.
Ready for immediate use, the well-designed apartments provide everything needed in an area that combines amazing coastlines with authentic Cretan lifestyle. The homes have been built with top quality construction materials. Comfort, style and value all feature in apartments where attention to detail has been paramount.
The combination of sea and mountain views are the key characteristic. Ground and first floor apartments offer 2 or 3 bedrooms equipped with their own wardrobe, along with 2 bathrooms and WC, in an environment surrounded by palm trees. The living areas of each apartment range from 73 square meters to 100 square meters. A spacious open plan kitchen, dining and sitting area opens up to a covered porch, ideal for outdoor dinners, while enjoying the cool summer breeze.
Autonomous heating systems have been installed, along with inverter air conditioners, giving you more control over room temperature. Each apartment has its own car parking space and useful storage area between 36 and 63 square meters. The apartments also provide for hassle-free living. Electric appliances have been included, such as a fridge, cooker, dishwasher and stylish light fittings. Adding to the safety and luxury is a security system, satellite TV and automatic garage door. In a bid to secure maximum energy efficiency, solar panels have also been installed on the rooftops, powering hot water systems.
Residents live here 12 months per year, offering owners the ability to not only take advantage of the ideal climate conditions themselves, but also make use of the property as a rental investment. The properties can be managed by a local management company that will be responsible for the maintenance and management of the common areas. The managing company will provide apartment management and rental services (as an option for the buyer).
- Makri Gialos, which means long shore in Greek, has impressive white sandy beaches and pristine swimming waters, drawing locals from all over Crete. When it comes to the beaches, you’ll be spoilt for choice. The high standards attained by the main beach at Makri Gialos have been certified with a blue flag and has calm, shallow swimming waters, ideal for families. To the east and west, within short distances, are more impressive swimming beaches, some of Crete’s best. To the north, there is a diverse mix of landscapes, including gorges and forest areas.
- There is direct access from the airports located at Sitia (33 kilometers, mostly local flights) and Heraklion (121 kilometers, flights from all major European cities) on an improving road network that spreads across Crete. Billions of euros are being poured into infrastructure on the island by the Greek government, upgrading its road and energy networks, while approval has also been given for the construction of a new international airport at Kasteli in what will be Greece’s second-largest.
- The villas are within walking distance of local supermarkets, restaurants, and bars at Makri Gialos, giving you the chance to embrace the traditional Cretan lifestyle and the local tastes.
- The more active have easy access to water sports, such as jet-skiing and windsurfing. Hiking and taking in nature is also on offer at the Kapsa, or Perivolakis, gorge – a blessed area full of oak and pine trees that includes several waterfalls at different times of the year.