Charming Villa in Plaka
PROPERTY UNDER OFFER: This property is reserved by another party. If you are interested in similar properties, get in touch with us and our dedicated team will help you discover your dream home in Greece.
This charming villa in Plaka, Crete, offers wonderful vistas of the settlement of Plaka, the surrounding mountains, and the sea.
Resting on a 1960 sqm plot, the 167 sqm villa is designed to blend in with the environment. Stone walls, stone terraces, and pathways surround the main residence in a landscaped garden, offering privacy and plenty of space for outdoor entertainment, especially when combined with the wooden pergola with built-in wood oven, BBQ and sink, to cater for dining in the warm summer months.
Entrance to the property is through a private gate, with ample parking space for for at least 2-3 cars.
Upon entering through the main door from a shaded, stone patio, one sees a split-level, spacious open-plan living and dining room with a fully fitted and equipped kitchen toward the back. The kitchen also has its own door leading out onto the patio.
The living room has numerous large windows looking out over the garden and a large fireplace.
On the right is a marble staircase with polished wood balustrade leading up to a mezzanine that serves as a bedroom. There are built-in closets, a bathroom with a toilet, sink and walk-in shower, and a large balcony with a sea view.
The stairs also lead down to the bottom floor. Here, one finds a living room with a small kitchen (now there are two bunkbeds here), and two large bedrooms with wall-to-wall built-in closets. One bedroom has a queen-size bed and the other two single beds. There is also a large bathroom with a raised walk-in shower.
The house has attractive, high-quality aluminium windows and electric shutters, double glazing, mosquito nets, central heating, and air conditioning throughout.
This well-designed and meticulously constructed Villa is a short walk to Plaka and a short drive to the cosmopolitan resort Elounda.
This property has the potential to be a private home or a holiday rental.
The property comprises:
- Entrance hall
- Dining area
- Living area with a fireplace and large windows
- Fully equipped kitchen, including electric appliances.
- Marble staircase to the upper level
- Spacious bedroom with double bed, bathroom and balcony with sea views.
- A large bedroom with a double bed, fitted wardrobes, and a large patio door leading out to the back patio and garden.
- A spacious bedroom with two single beds, fitted wardrobes, and a large patio door leading out to the back patio and garden.
- A large bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower, as well as a washing machine.
- A common remote-controlled gate for the complex’s occupants, as well as a private gate that needs replacement.
- Large private garden
- Permit to build a 55m2 swimming pool
- Stone wall and stone paths
- Two paved outdoor shaded sitting areas with wooden pergolas
- Built-in BBQ, oven, and sink
- Sea and countryside views
- Central heating with a 30ton tank
- Filter system on all water inlets
- Air conditioning
- Solar heated water
- Intercom system with camera (needs repair)
- Automatic watering system for garden
- Electrical appliances and Bedroom furniture included
Plaka is a settlement opposite the famous island of Spinalonga, the setting of the renowned TV series “The Island”. There are several boat connections to Spinalonga on a daily basis. It is also near the cosmopolitan resort of Elounda and relatively close to Heraklion and Agios Nikolaos. Surrounded by award-winning beaches and offering a wide array of choices to dine, from traditional sea-side fish taverns to high-end luxury restaurants, Plaka caters to all tastes and budgets, for families, couples and groups of friends.
- Agios Nikolaos: 16 km
- Heraklion International Airport: 64 km
- Heraklion City Center: 67 km
- Knossos: 70 km
Amenities and Features
Unlock Personalized Property Recommendations
Complete Our Form Below to Find Your Ideal Home with Ease