Heritage House in Koroni
Located in the heart of Koroni, a stone’s throw away from the beach and the shops, this elegant heritage house with a seaside view has 3-4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a garden and a parking space.
The house is located in the seaside zone of the settlement, and it is a typical example of a traditional house where the decorative Venetian elements meet the simple lines of traditional Greek architecture. The ornate balcony is the house’s most distinctive and beautiful element, with its curved iron supports, decorated railings and delicate metal elements rising high above the balcony door. The ground floor doors are very simple, made of timber and tall, with metal handmade decorated skylights at the end.
The house extends over two floors in a classic rectangular and symmetrical construction with a narrow frontage to the street. The upper floor is the living space, while the ground floor houses the storage areas.
The interior layout is simple and practical. An interior wooden staircase leads to the living room on the first floor and a hallway with the bedrooms to the left and right. Over the years, extensions were made to the upper floor, adding spaces to facilitate modern comforts. Thus, on the upper floor we have a sitting room that extends to the traditional balcony, an office area – single bedroom, two bedrooms and a large living room with a double bed, sofa and dining table. Also, in the modern extension of the building, there is a kitchen and two bathrooms.
The ground floor is divided into two storage rooms that can be converted into extra living area.
The owners have tried to keep most of the original elements of the house in good condition and, at the same time, have adapted it to modern standards without diluting its authentic style. Limited interventions have been made with absolute respect to tradition and the special character of the house.
Of course, there is room to make many extensive interventions and improvements, but always with a view to preserving and continuing the historical heritage.
- Upper floor = 178 sqm
- Lower floor = 124 sqm
- Garden – parking area = 194 sqm
- Balcony with sea views
- Walking distance to the beach and the shops
- The garden – parking area is planted with orange trees and a banana tree and is fenced.
- Koroni dates back to the 2nd century but flourished under Venetian rule, while the Venetian tradition coexists with the local architectural style. Its proximity to many beaches, ranging from golden sand to pebble ones, as well as numerous landmarks and places of interest, makes it an excellent base to explore the region’s beauties. The nearest beach is Artaki, where you can also eat at its seafront restaurant, which is 100 m away, while it takes 10 minutes walking to reach the wonderful sandy beach Zaga and 6 minutes by car to get to Memi beach.
- Methoni, 35 minutes by car, is a small, well-preserved traditional town, protected by the Greek Archaeological Service due to the imposing Venetian Castle, from where you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the sunset, and beneath which lie a beach and a sheltered harbour. There is a beautiful square in the centre of the town and another one in the seaside, where you can find nice restaurants to enjoy fresh fish and other traditional Mediterranean dishes. Methoni also has supermarkets, a pharmacy, a dentist and a public infirmary.
- Pylos, a 42-minute drive away, is the area’s main town, with one of the biggest natural ports in Europe and a small marina. Being amphitheatrically built and very picturesque makes it one of the most beautiful towns in Greece. The area of Pylos has four impressive signature golf courses, and the nearest one is 50 minutes from the property.
- It takes 50 minutes to drive to the International Airport and 55 minutes to the modern hospital of Kalamata which is the administrative capital of the area. Kalamata has a port, a large yachting marina and motorway access to Athens. The town centre has been the subject of major regeneration during the past few years and offers a wide range of shopping, eating and relaxing opportunities along its main boulevard. A great variety of shops here offer designer goods and some internationally known stores.
- Updated On:
- May 19, 2023
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- D Class
- 302 m2 Size
- Year Built: