A charming stone residence with panoramic views to the Ionian Sea, the island Sapienza and only a 4 minutes drive from the nearest sandy beach and the seafront town of Methoni.
Villa Glikoriza comprises of a two-storey house and a single storey house built from locally sourced stone, bespoke wooden windows with integral fly screens, shutters and floors throughout. The plot counts for 40110 sqm with a total living area of 149 sqm.
The single storey house consists of a spacious open plan living room with kitchen and wood burning stove, 1 bathroom and an office. An internal wooden staircase leads to the mezzanine which can be utilised as a bedroom or office and storage. Also, there is a small room under the mezzanine which can be a walk-in wardrobe, storage or small office. The living room has direct access to two spacious terraces covered with tiled pergolas with relaxing views to the sea, the town of Methoni and the garden.
The ground floor of the two-storey house consists of an open plan sitting room with kitchen and wood burning stove, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. The sitting room enjoys straight access to a terrace which is covered by a tiled pergola and has beautiful views to the sea. An internal staircase leads to the upper floor.
The upper floor of the two-storey house consists of an open plan area with kitchenette and a bathroom. It is designed as a self-contained studio apartment that can be used independently or in conjunction with the house. It is a flexible space which is currently used for yoga with a warm, quiet and inspiring atmosphere with straight access to a terrace which is covered by a tiled pergola and enjoys beautiful views to the sea, mountains and natural beauty of the area. This terrace also gets access via an external staircase.
- The house is surrounded by spacious outdoor shaded sitting areas for relaxing in the sun. There is an extensive vegetable garden and greenhouse at the rear of the property beautifully laid out in stone walled patio beds. It has been organically cultivated as have the 40 olive trees on the plot. You can reap the benefits of home-grown production!
- A natural well exists on the land which is connected via an electric pump to two large water storage tanks totalling 6000 litres. An additional 8000 litres of rainwater is collectable via guttering from the roof.
- Telephone and internet access are available. There is plenty of space for the construction of a swimming pool and an extra 50 square metres planning permission for extension to the existing houses. The whole property is securely fenced around the perimeter with an electric gate entryway easily accessed via an asphalt road.
- Methoni, 3 minutes by car, is an old important trade and marine centre. The Venetian castle is the focal point of the charming village which lies at the southernmost point on the west coast of the Peloponnese. Methoni has a doctors’ surgery, dentist, pharmacy, good local shopping, supermarkets, post office and plenty of places to enjoy a drink or eat in local family run taverns.
- Finikounda, 8 minutes by car, has four long sandy beaches, famous for their blue crystal water. The village itself has a beautiful harbour for traditional fishing boats and recreational boats while a smaller village sandy beach is served by traditionally Greek cafes and cosy restaurants with home-cooked meals.
- Pylos, a 12-minute drive away, is a small, picturesque seaside town with the largest natural harbor in the Peloponnese and extensive marina. It has a good range of shops and cafes built around the Square of Trion Navarchon, shaded by impressive Platanus trees. In Pylos there are many historical attractions. There are doctors and a small hospital/health Centre with good facilities and reliable staff who provide prompt emergency service. There you will find a rich traditional cuisine and lots of fresh local products.
- The nearest signature golf course, The Costa Navarino Resort is 17 minutes away.
- It takes 50 minutes to drive to the international airport and the hospital of Kalamata which is the capital and central port of the Messinia. Kalamata has a large yachting marina and motorway access to ATHENS. The spacious central square offers a wide range of coffee shops, bars and restaurants.
- Updated On:
- October 7, 2022
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- F Class
- 149 m2 Size
- Year Built: