Traditional Zagori Home
Experienced travellers will surely know that Greece does not only offer sea and sun, but also spectacular nature and mountain villages far from the sea, where you would wish to spend four seasons per year. The area of the famous Zagori villages (Zagorochoria in Greek) in the Pindos mountains is such a region, specially suitable for nature lovers who admire the beauty of the lush vegetated scenery, the rivers, the scenic stone bridges and pittoresque traditional villages and the impressive mountains. Year-round living, privacy, and endless mountain views are guaranteed!
This traditional Zagori home (157 sqm) is situated on the outskirts of Kipi village, at an altitude of 800 m, in a walled and secluded plot of 984 sqm.
The two driving forces behind the concept were the local river stone as the key material and the respect for the traditional architecture. The owners had a vision and determination that drove the project from beginning to end – from theory to practice. They worked closely with the architect and supervised the construction.
Many Greek interior magazines marked its philosophy as a really nice blending, respecting externally the urban planning uniformity and construction regulations of Zagori, while the interior reveals a sense of Dutch design. The fun fact is that after 25 years the owners still get guests interested in seeing the home and its unique design fusion!
There is a clear separation of social and private zones and seamless circulation between internal and external space providing a peaceful, comfortable lifestyle.
The ground floor consists of a living room with a Scandinavian wood burner, a sitting room with a built-in fireplace and an open-plan kitchen. A hall with a storage room guides you to the double bedroom and the bathroom. The bedroom comes with another wood burner, while the bathroom is equipped with a bathtub, a shower head, a toilet and two washbasins.
The home has 2 floors, the second floor being a mezzanine which can be extended into a whole floor adding an additional bedroom.
- Fully furnished with a fully equipped kitchen – ready to move in!
- Insulation: Double glazed doors and hardwood windows – thick walls of river stones.
- Heating: Fireplace & two Scandinavian stoves of cast iron – plenty of wood in the region.
- Parking: Exclusive space – accessible via a newly paved road.
- Satellite TV.
Outside, two terraces overlook the bridge of the river, one with a terrace cover and a storage shed. In the garden, there is a plethora of mature trees and plants as well as a tank of about 9 sqm, which has become superfluous and is useful as a water reserve.
The Zagorochoria get plenty of attraction year-round as they are the perfect place to relax and enjoy slow living. Owners can enjoy the destination whenever they choose and for as long as they like, while their home can offer high rental returns during their absence.
- Kipi is one of the 46 villages of the Zagori. Kipi (the Greek word for gardens) is named after the fruit trees and flower gardens of its traditional houses. The village is located in the heart of Central Zagoria, where the Mitsikeli and Tymfi mountains of northern Pindos meet.
- They are settled at a 40 km distance from Ioannina, while the nearest international airport is about a 1-hour drive. The port of Igoumenitsa is reachable in approx. 2 hours with plenty of ferries to the Ionian Islands, including the well-known Corfu, Paxos, and Lefkada.
- Updated On:
- September 21, 2022
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- F Class
- 157 m2 Size
- Year Built: