Sikinos Cycladic Home
This traditional Cycladic house on the island of Sikinos enjoys breathtaking sunrise and sunset views, set against a scenery from a bygone era, untouched by mass tourism.
The 80 sqm house, developed on a 125 sqm plot, was originally built in or around 1920 and was fully renovated, with the utmost respect to its traditional character, in 2009. The house unfolds over two floors which can also function independently and comprise the following:
- Ground level: living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.
- First level: bedroom with an en suite bathroom.
- There is a storage/utility room between the two levels.
The property offers terraces on multiple levels with breathtaking views of the sea and the nearby islands. There is also a small garden with a lemon tree for guests to relax under the Cycladic sun.
Situated in the southern part of the Cyclades complex, the island of Sikinos is untouched by mass tourism. No heavy-duty vehicles are allowed on the island, which is connected by ferry to Piraeus (9h), Ios (25 m), and Santorini (2h), as well as the other islands in the Cyclades.
The island has three settlements: Chorio, Kastro, and Alopronia, which is the port. Kastro is the centre of the island’s life, with shops, an ATM, a medical centre, restaurants, and bars. No vehicles are allowed inside this traditional settlement. Chorio, where the property is located, is adjacent to Kastro, which is only three minutes away on foot, while it is primarily residential and adorned with three postcard churches. These two settlements are collectively known as the island’s “Chora”, the main town.
The four main beaches of the island, Malta Beach, Dialiskari, Ai Giorgis, and Santorinaika are located on its southern side and can be easily reached by car (8-10 min. drive). The south part of the island offers majestic views of Santorini and, weather permitting, of Crete, while its northern side faces Sifnos, Paros, and Naxos.
Places to visit and key distances
- Church of Panagia Pantochara: 850 m
- Episkopi Monastery (Christian temple erected over a Roman mausoleum, the most famous sight of the island): 4.3 km
- Holy Monastery of Panagia Chrysopigi/Zoodochos Pigi (overlooking Kastro and erected in 1690, this women’s monastery will reward you with the most amazing bird’s eye view of the island): 1 km
- Manalis Winery (several happenings around the year and especially during harvest are organized, while there is a restaurant on site): 2.7 km
- Ai Giorgis Beach: 6.8 km
Amenities and Features
Unlock Personalized Property Recommendations
Complete Our Form Below to Find Your Ideal Home with Ease